Resources

Resources

Information & Referrals

We have information on local, state, and national services that can help you navigate the system of elder care in Massachusetts.

 

Affordable Housing

Visit the Billerica Housing Authority website.

 

Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs

Visit the state's Elder Affairs website for information on state initiatives.

 

AgeSpan

For regional services, AgeSpan (formerly Elder Services of Merrimack Valley and the North Shore) serves a diverse population, including older adults, caregivers, families and those with disabilities, in 28 towns and cities across northeastern Massachusetts including Billerica.

 

Dementia Friendly Billerica

The Dementia Friendly Billerica initiative was kicked off on March 9th, 2017, at Billerica Town Hall to raise awareness of and develop respect and inclusion for people with dementia.  When every sector and everyone in the community is educated, it creates a livable, safe, stigma-free and respectful environment where people with dementia and their care partners can thrive.

Here's a helpful, short introduction to DEMENTIA, click here:  What is dementia? - YouTube

Billerica Commission on Disabilities

The mission of the Commission on Disabilities is to bring about full and equal participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of life. Stephen W. Strykowski, Chairman is also a Board Member of CTI of Greater Lowell and second Vice Chair of the Billerica COA Board. The Commission can be reached via email at [email protected].

 

Billerica Veterans Services

The Billerica Veterans Department serves the Town’s veterans under Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 115. The Department advocates and advises veterans on benefits they are entitled to including employment, educational opportunities, medical care, and other benefits. The Veterans Department also provides food stamp intake, social security counseling, and VA Benefits guidance to residents. The Department provides emergency fuel assistance to residents in need. The Town will also continue to fund 25% of Veterans benefits with the other 75% reimbursed by the state.  You can contact them at 978-671-0968.